30 May 2010

Better Than Thursday

May 30, 5:35 a.m. CT
Warm up: .5 mile walk
Distance: 4.32 miles
Cool down: .5 mile walk
@start: 71, clear
@end: 73, sunny
Shoes: GG Pegasus

Today was better than Thursday by a long shot. It was just as warm and humid, but I got up early enough so the sun wasn't beating on me. I still took several walk breaks, but ran probably 3/4 of the distance (if not a little more). Carrying around the extra 15+ pounds (relative to this past September) just makes it harder, too. One would think I'd have ditched it by now ... or just not have acquired it in the first place.

3 comments:

A said...

No more running?

Jill said...

It's been difficult getting back into it. The plantar fasciitis is pretty much healed, but I have those pesky 15 pounds (was 20!) that creeped on over the past year weighing me down. I was doing well late August - October 21, but just haven't managed to get going again. My Gran died on 10/21, I took the GRE on 11/9, ... haven't been sleeping well, so am really tired. Anyway, I'm headed out to San Jose tomorrow, so will get back with it in a couple days while I'm there. Thanks for asking! Am glad to see you're back at it, too.

Jill said...

Oh yeah ... my "real" running log is here:

http://favoriterun.com/account/public_user_profile/8102

I guess I really ought to update this blog, too, though.