03 October 2009

Really Good 6.1

As expected, it's mystery as to why my hair has been falling out, I have acne worse than when I was teenager, and I've been very fatigued. On the CBC, my MCV and MCH are high (as has been the case for at least the past 5 years now), RDW-SD is high along with MPV. Those last two are new readings on the CBC. RBC and HCT are on the low end of normal, also typical for me. None of that means there isn't something wrong, it just means it's nothing new. The only thing really different is that sodium was low, chloride was on the very low end of normal, and CO2 was on the very high end of normal. Bilirubin was also high (tends to run high normal), but all the other liver enzymes were well within normal ranges. So, I'm going to just chalk it up to this summer having been a whole lot more stressful than normal with a break-up, Granddad's death, step-mom's cancer, Gran being moved to assisted living, a ton of travel, a new relationship, and the upcoming move to San Jose (early 2010 most likely).

Workout

October 3, Saturday
7:47 p.m. CT
Warm up: .5 mile walk
Distance: 6.1 miles
Duration: 1:03:30
Pace ave: 10:24
HR ave ???, max 174
Cool down: .5 mile walk
@start: 54, 73%, mostly cloudy, calm
@end: 51, 81%, cloudy, SSE@1
Shoes: Green Pegasus 25

My HRM was giving really low readings the first part of the run, especially in the second loop, so no clue what my average heart rate actually was. Also, I spaced during the second loop and couldn't swear to running the full length and not shorting it by a block (2 blocks total). I'm going to assume I shorted it, so instead of 1.56 miles, it was probably 1.42.
Lap 1: 17:21.2 123/137
Lap 2: 14:59.3 115/156
Lap 3: 15:44.1 131/167
Lap 4: 15:26.0 142/174
So, I felt really good running this evening. I took three days off to hopefully recuperate from whatever has been ailing me (low-grade fever Thursday). Need to do another sorta long run of maybe 10 miles before the half marathon on the 11th, probably Monday but maybe tomorrow evening if I'm still feeling pretty good. I'm really not very optimistic for a very good half, but I guess I could surprise myself. The 10-day forecast is calling for a low of 42 next Saturday night with scattered showers on both Saturday and Sunday. Sounds like perfect racing weather to me!! I think this will be the coolest weather I've had for the Evansville Half. Figures that my health/conditioning isn't at peak to coincide with the awesome weather, awesome meaning not too hot.

Food

My Food Diary on CalorieKing.com

Morning Stats

weight: 146.2
bf: 30%
pulse: n/a
bp: n/a
bg: n/a

No comments: